British Council Scholarship for English language teachers India
British Council Scholarship for MSc TESOL (Online) is for Indian students to study on a part-time, distance-learning basis over 30 months.
Number of awards
Value of awards
Eligibility and availability
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of India.
- Be working in or directly with the government education sector in India with a focus on English language teaching.
- Meet the academic and English language requirements for the University of Stirling.
- Have not previously studied at a degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Demonstrate case for financial support.
You must not:
- Hold dual British citizenship.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary.
- Currently be in receipt of financial support or funding towards their study programme in the UK from any other source.
How to apply
To make an application, complete the form linked below and submit it to Dr Viola Wiegand.
- To apply for this scholarship you must have an offer to study the MSc TESOL (Online).
- Complete the application form which contains all required personal information.
If you are awarded this scholarship you must consent to your information being shared with the British Council and:
- Agree to be a part of the British Council’s global alumni network,
- Maintain contact with the British Council during and after your studies, and
- Act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of Scholarships for English Language Teachers alumnus during and after your studies.
All applications must be submitted by 1 June 2023. There will then be an internal selection process, and any shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the British Council for final selection.