Job Responsibilities within Biological & Environmental Sciences
- Field equipment store.
- Prepare & Authorise purchase orders for all staff & PhD students.
- Stores administration & service delivery.
- Liaison with Companies, obtaining quotations, service costs.
- Consult, advise & assist Academic, Research, Technical staff & PhD Students on laboratory equipment & services.
- Worldwide import & export & National next day couriers.
- Company contact database.
- Supply of Cryogenic & Compressed Gases, including gas regulators & annual planned preventative maintenance.
- Environmental radioactivity laboratory Audits & Gamma detector cooling.
- Chemical, Biological & Clinical Waste disposal for B.E.S, Nursing, Occupational Health, Sports Studies & the Safety Office.
- Vehicle management & hire bookings.
- PAT testing at point of sale. Inventory.
Knowledge & Experience
- Current on all Proc-SNI, National Working Party & APUC agreements. ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Laboratory Auditor.
- Chartered Institute of purchase & supply "Effective stock control" course.
- BOC gases "Safety, Handling & Storage" course.
- Gas Safe Interactive course "Using Gas Cylinders Safely within Universities".
- Gas Safe Interactive course "Using Liquid Nitrogen Safely within Universities".
- University "Manual handling" course.
- University "Financial regulation & procurement" course.
- University "Electrical safety" course.
- Scot-vec modules "Customer Contact" & "Retails Skills".
- Apple hardware & software. Hyperdata accounting software Agresso business world software.