Senior Lecturer in Terrestrial Ecosystems and Environmental Change
Overseas Advisor for Environmental Sciences
PhD - University of Bayreuth, Germany (2002)
BSc Hons - University of St. Andrews, UK (1997)
Orcid ID: 0000-0001-9244-639X
Researcher ID: M-3049-2013
My research webpage.
me on twitter (@JASubke)
PhD studentships available!
Drivers of the terrestrial methane sink under land use change
Managing soil carbon in the uplands - impact of afforestation of former pastureland
(Details of both projects)
Current Projects and PhD students
- Tom Parker ("Plant - soil interactions in a greening Arctic")
- Renée Hermans ("Greenhouse gas budget of forest-to-bog conversions in the Flowcountry")
- Oyindamola Jackson ("Priming of soil organic matter constituents")
- "Permafrost catchments in transition: hydrological controls on carbon cycling and greenhouse gas budgets": Co-Investigator (http://www.project-hydra.net/)
- "Biophysical drivers of methane ebullition in northern peatlands". UKPopNet/NERC funded, PI: Yit A. Teh (St. Andrews)
- Editor for Biogeosciences
- Consulting Editor for Plant and Soil
- Member of NERC Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry Facility Steering Group
- Management Committee of EU COST Action ES0806 - Stable Isotopes in Biosphere-Atmosphere-Earth System Research
- Research Associate, Stockholm Environment Institute, Department of Biology, University of York, UK (2004-2010).
- Marie Curie Research Fellow, Department of Environmental Sciences, Second University of Naples, Caserta, Italy (2002-2004).