Environmental and Resource Economics
Economics of Technological Change
Recent Research Grants:
- Evaluation of Policy Instruments to Stimulate Eco-Innovations (PI; with K. Rennings, D. Römer, B. Dijkstra), Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), (EUR 56k), 2013-14.
- Designing Markets for Ecosystem Services Delivery (Eco-Delivery) (PI; with N. Hanley and A. Kleczkowski), European Investment Bank (EUR 300k), 2010-13.
Selected Commissioned Work:
- An Economic Assessment of Waste Crime Enforcement in Scotland, Report prepared for the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Co-author: K. Simpson, December 2014.
- Characterising Livestock System Zoonoses Hotspots, Report prepared for UK Department for International Development (DFID), Co-authors: A. Kleczkowski, A. Breed, L. Matthews, D. Thronicker, April 2011.
- University of Waikato, Department of Economics, Waikato Management School, Visiting Professor, August-September 2017
- Purdue University, Department of Economics, Krannert School of Management, Visiting Scholar, May 2011, May 2016
- Indiana University Bloomington, Ostrom Workshop, Visiting Scholar, April 2016
- Syracuse University, Center for Policy Research, Visiting Scholar, April 2015
- Australian National University, Crawford School of Public Policy, Visiting Scholar, March 2014
- Luleå University of Technology, Visiting Professor, May-July 2013.
- University of Victoria (Canada), Department of Economics, Visiting Scholar, June 2011