Talented photographers have secured fantastic prizes in the University of Stirling’s annual photography competition.
The contest, now in its third year, was open to all students, staff and alumni at the University of Stirling and students from Forth Valley College.
This year also featured for the first time a ‘Celebrating Social Science’ prize, in commemoration of the tenth anniversary of the Colin Bell Building. Professor Colin Bell was Principal of the University of Stirling from September 2001 until his untimely death in April 2003.
The winners and runners-up will see their work go on show in the Art Collection at Pathfoot until the end of the year.
The winners, runners-up and prizes are:
- Social Science:
- Winner: Ruth Mairi Macleod, Picture Title: The Street: St Kilda
- Runner-up: Camilla Baier, Picture Title: If You educate a Woman
- Winner: Ian McIntosh, Picture Title: The Uni Bus
- Runner-up: Ngoc Thuy Tran, Picture Title: Circles
- Winner: Gail Schulman, Picture Title: The helping hands of Commonwealth
- Runner-up: Rebecca Kathleen Young, Picture Title: We will remember them
- Winner: Christoph Scheierke, Picture Title: Politics
- Runner-up: Jack Timothy, Picture Title: Yes
- Bannockburn 1314-2014;
- Winner: Sabine Kurz, Picture Title: Robert the Bruce, Victorious
- Runner-up: Greg Scott, Picture Title: Wallace Monument
- Winner: Caleb Christopher Melvin, Picture Title: Hair Mask
- Runner-up: Edward McEleney, Picture Title: Stand out
The prize-giving followed a lecture by award-winning photographer Graeme Robertson.
For more information, visit the Annual Photography Competition webpage.