Aquatic Animal Production Systems
Prof Dave Little and Mr John Bostock
This topic provides a wide range of information on aquaculture production systems including system design for both land and water based systems of many aquatic species. The production system is explored from the hatchery through to grow-out. Engineering components are considered including pond, tank and cage and recirculation systems. Design aspects also consider water treatment. Additionally, this topic also provides an insight into farm construction management and will be of interest to those wishing to gain more experience developing farm systems.
- Understand the design, operational and management principles, key systems and components essential for effective aquaculture production.
- Understand and apply the concepts of production planning in aquaculture systems
- Appreciate and apply the key issues of dimensioning and design, and the specification and sizing of key components
- Understand the linking of components into reliable and cost-effective aquaculture systems
- Develop choices in designs and cost options, and carry out selections
- Understand the key aspects of project development and commissioning