The University is committed to the sustainable management of waste that minimises any environmental impact and promotes resource efficiency whilst ensuring legal compliance.
- To significantly reduce the quantity of waste sent to landfill by reducing the volume of waste produced and increasing reuse, recycling and resource recovery;
- To manage residual waste in accordance with best practice;
- To ensure that waste is considered a resource by staff, students and other key stakeholders.
- To reduce the level of residual waste to landfill to 10%, by December 2016
- To reduce the overall volume of waste produced to <900Tonnes per annum, by December 2016