Physical Preparation for Performance
Gain an in-depth examination of key physiological principles useful for coaches to help understand and enhance athletes’ performance.
This module provides students with an in-depth examination of key physiological principles useful for coaches to assist them in understanding and enhancing athletes’ performance.
- Understanding the physical demands of sport
- Physiology and exercise intensity
- Working in teams and with specialist groups
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. You must also have five years' appropriate work experience in coaching, and evidence of successful completion of sport-specific coaching qualifications is expected.
By the end of the module students will have had the opportunity to:
- Critically analyse models of athletes’ development and the contribution of physical preparation.
- Evaluate current principles and practices of physical preparation for specific coaching domain(s).
- Use current evidence to guide design of physical preparation as part of an integrated approach to athletes’ development for a specific population/coaching domain.
Delivery and assessment
The module is delivered entirely online through pre-recorded presentations, learning materials, asynchronous discussion and tutorials.
Assessment will be practical discussion tasks and a coaching case-study.
Typically, individuals who apply for a Sport Performance Coaching CPD module will already be employed in
Engaging with the modules has helped coaches across the world boost their skills and advance their careers. By
If you have any questions about entry requirements for our continuing professional development and short courses, contact our Admissions team.
For all other questions, please use our enquiry form.