Renting Privately

Private Sector Accommodation

If you do not wish to apply for University accommodation, the Student Union (USSU) can provide information on properties available to rent in the local area.


Council Tax

Council Tax is a property based tax which is payable to local councils to help fund the cost of services that they provide such as the police and fire service.  Most full time students are normally eligible for Council Tax exemption.  In order to satisfy the "full-time" criteria for council tax exemption you must:

Please refer to your local Council Tax Office for rules relating to Council Tax exemptions.

For more information please refer to: