Terms and Conditions
For Further Details on
Short Breaks and Vacations
please contact our Commercial Operations Team:
Tel: +44 (0)1786 467140
Terms and Conditions 2014
- Bookings are accepted for holiday letting only and do not entitle clients to any protection under the Rent (Scotland)Act.
- All lets are from 3.00pm on day of arrival to 10.00am on day of departure.
- As confirmation of the booking a non-refundable deposit of £100.00 (inclusive of Vat if applicable) per unit is required.
- An invoice forthe remaining balance will be issued ten weeks prior to arrival. Final payment is required six weeks in advance.
- No liability or responsibility is accepted by the University for the safety of or damage to or loss of the personal property of residents or other visitors or for damage to or loss from their vehicles except to the extent that such liability may result from the University’s or its staff’s negligence. This particularly applies where ‘left luggage’ is deposited in public areas within University properties.
- Occupants of each unit will be liable for any loss or damage to University property, with
the exception of fair wear and tear.
- Keys not returned at the end of stay will be charged to the client at the rate of £30.00 plus VAT per key.
- Fire Regulations require that maximum occupancy levels for accommodation must not be
exceeded under any circumstances. Where it is found that maximum occupancy levels are being exceeded, the University of Stirling re-serves the right to insist that those in breach of maximum occupancy levels vacate University accommodation immediately.
- In compliance with the Smoking, Health & Social Care (Scotland) Act 2005, the University
of Stirling operates a strict No Smoking policy. Smoking is therefore prohibited throughout all University Buildings, including bedrooms of University residential accommodation.
- We regret that pets, other than Guide Dogs, are not allowed in University Accommodation.
- All guests are required to respect the feelings of other visitors to the University. Consideration for fellow guests should be shown by keeping noise levels to a minimum after 11pm.
- Please note that candles and similar burning or smouldering materials, lit or unlit, are
forbidden in all University accommodation
- Guests are not permitted to carry out any alterations to accommodation during their stay.
- Guests are required to allow University cleaning staff to gain access to their accommodation during their stay. Cleaning staff generally carry out their duties between 0900 and 1300 but access may be required at times other than those indicated.
- Guests wishing to bring their own items of electrical equipment onto campus should ensure that each item has been tested by a qualified electrician prior to arrival on campus.
- Should any difficulties or problems arise in connection with the accommodation, please
inform reception staff as soon as possible in order that the situation may be resolved quickly.
- Prior to departure guests are required to ensure that:·
all crockery, cutlery and kitchenware is washed, dried and stored
appropriately - all rubbish is placed in sealed bags - all foodstuffs are removed and food storage areas are left clean and tidy
- CANCELLATION of a booking by the customer must be notified in writing to the University and the customer will be liable to pay compensation in respect of cancellation as follows: Period between receipt by the University of the cancellation notice and Compensation payable by the arrival date customer: More than 6 weeks Deposit Payment - Less than 6 weeks Full cost of Booking
- The Universityof Stirling reserves the right to remove guests who fail to comply with the above Booking Conditions from University accommodation.
- If, for any reason out with our control, we are unable to provide the reserved accommodation or, indeed, offer a suit-able alternative, any monies paid will be refunded in full.
All prices are inclusive of weekly cleaning, heating, lighting, bedding, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
Given that many of our properties comprise a number of different levels/floors, guests are requested
to stipulate, at time of booking, if disabled access is required
Car Parking is available free of charge at all locations.
High Chairs and Travel Cots (with bedding) can be hired at an additional cost of £10 per week. Guests are strongly advised to pre book prior to arrival. (These items are available for children under 2 years.)
1. Cheque (in pounds sterling) made payable to 'University of Stirling'
2. Cash (prior to arrival)
3. Credit / Debit Card:
Visa, MasterCard, Visa Delta, Maestro
4. Bank Transfer
t: + 44 (0) 1786 467140