With a population of around 40,000, Stirling is both a busy and welcoming town. You will find most of the big name high street stores sharing the town centre with a variety of small specialist shops.
- As well as the University's on-campus cinema, Stirling has the Vue multiplex in the city centre.
- Other entertainments include ten pin bowling, ice skating and a climbing wall.
- Musically, Stirling Castle is an established concert venue.
- Tesco is on Wallace Road in Stirling, a few minutes' walk from University accommodation at John Forty's Court and Union Street flats. For those who live on campus, there is a regular bus service to and from bus stops very close to Tesco.
- Sainsbury's is also a short bus trip from campus, on Drip Road, Stirling.
- Somerfield has a branch in Bridge of Allan, 15 minutes walk or a short bus ride
- or browse the Farmers' Markets in Port Street.
Shopping for all your other needs
- A bustling, pedestrianised centre boasts all the familiar high street brands.
- The city's covered Victorian mall offers speciality shopping, while the Thistles Shopping Centre has four malls and over ninety stores under one roof.